February 7, 2017

Kiss Me Quick, Valentine!!!

Hello, Friends!
If you're looking for a quick gift idea
from the heart, for someone who's sweet,


This pattern is very versatile, which is great news.
This is an example of a clean and simple design,
using one single fabric for the front.


 I had all of the supplies on hand...
this mug rug started out as two 10" layer cake squares
from Sweetwater's "First Crush" line for Moda.


I used a charming label from Sweetwater,
to put into words exactly what I was thinking.
This mug rug will be a birthday present 
for my wonderful mom!

{Shhh...her birthday is right after Valentine's Day!}


It was so easy to add the label to the heart shape,
with some fusible webbing and a neat straight stitch.


I used some squiggly free motion quilting,
to add interest.
I love the contrasting red ric rac edging.



I came up with an even quicker version,
using two more 10" squares of First Crush prints.


See how easy???
I didn't even need to add quilting,
since the fusible fleece gives it a beautiful finish.


I had fun using some labels I've been hoarding
for way to long!


It's reversible, too!



I normally piece together a patchwork for the front. 
That's super fun, when there's time available.


I got this "kiss me quick" idea,
because the backs of the mug rugs
are just as pretty as the fronts.


I hope you'll be inspired to try some quick versions



Be sure to share them on Instagram
by tagging with @eamylove or #amymadethat,
or any other page.

And remember...
gifts from the heart are welcomed every day,
even beyond Valentine's Day.






Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is the best gift from the heart! It makes me want to grab a cup of tea and some dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.